Welcome one and all- Please leave sanity at the door


A Teenage boy with a passion for all things nerdy! Expect a lot of Doctor Who, Cult/Horror Movies, Literature and Novels, History, Comic Books and random thoughts. Posts published weekly on a Friday evening. DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of the items reviewed on this site and i also do not own of the pictures (unless stated so). If you own one of the photos and wish for it to be removed contact me at this adress: Super.pig@live.co.uk. However all of the written work is my own and is protected under copyright law.

Thursday, 18 August 2011

Apologies and choose a film for me to review

I suppose I owe anybody who reads this blog an apology. I went on my yearly Holiday to egypt being told that there was a Wireless connection-there was not. So yet again the blog went for quite some time without anything being posted. There is however some good news. In a week or so I will be seeing (unless im struck by lightning) the following list of classic horror goodness:
Basket Case (1982)
The Mutations (1974)
Doomwatch (1972)
The Incredible Melting Man (1977)
Bride of Re-Animator (1992)
House of a Thousand Dolls (1969)

So choose a film or two! If no one replys I'll just pick them myself-they will probably all be reviewed at somepoint anyway

5 comments:

  1. No need to apologise chap, the whole point of a blog (well I think so anyway) is to post whenever you want and on whatever you want too. I'm going to nominate THE MUTATIONS for two reasons. 1. It's British, and as you may have noticed there is a certain patriotic bias at The Celluloid Highway. And 2. I haven't seen a review for it in a long long while...plus Tom Baker is in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A man after my own heart- British horrors have a style all of their own that I think anybody who comes from this part of the world immediatly warms to. So- Mutations is deffinatly on the list. Any more for any more anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go for Melting Man personally. I seem to remember renting it from the local video shop some time in the early 90s and haven't seen it since. The main idea is a bit like The Quatermass Experiment I think. Oh, and if you're still on the lookout for creepy kids films, I watched 'The Children' last night whilst house-sitting for my girlfriend. Pretty good actually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I think Melting Man is one of those late 70's shlockers that has some how become legendary- I've seen the children, your right great film

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't seen Basket Case since I were a lad... That'd be an interesting one.
    Or The Mutations. I never tire of watching that.

    ReplyDelete